She can never listen to the wind without
Some tears and some heartache and maybe just a little
Wine, and this day is no different, and even though
It smells like rain
The sun won't say goodbye.
She can never listen to my words and not feel broken
For me, I can never listen to her words and not see me
And even though her mood swings with the weather,
Someone must really love her up There because
The sun won't say goodbye.
***
So pack up your damp and yellowed memories and
Take them on inside, because the sun is smiling like
It's got something to hide and the rain might come sooner than
We thought so lets get away from these old windows and this
Floor warped by years of trying to just fucking sit still and
Let's go on inside and
Leave this porch behind
And I can still remember that gentle understanding, the way
You looked at me and the way I didn't feel so goddamn crazy anymore and the
Way that maybe there are people out there that have known each other forever
Without ever having met
And sometimes when I see something or hear something or feel something that
Moves me I wish that you were there because you always have a way of
Capturing it.
Some tears and some heartache and maybe just a little
Wine, and this day is no different, and even though
It smells like rain
The sun won't say goodbye.
She can never listen to my words and not feel broken
For me, I can never listen to her words and not see me
And even though her mood swings with the weather,
Someone must really love her up There because
The sun won't say goodbye.
***
So pack up your damp and yellowed memories and
Take them on inside, because the sun is smiling like
It's got something to hide and the rain might come sooner than
We thought so lets get away from these old windows and this
Floor warped by years of trying to just fucking sit still and
Let's go on inside and
Leave this porch behind
And I can still remember that gentle understanding, the way
You looked at me and the way I didn't feel so goddamn crazy anymore and the
Way that maybe there are people out there that have known each other forever
Without ever having met
And sometimes when I see something or hear something or feel something that
Moves me I wish that you were there because you always have a way of
Capturing it.

1 Comments:
I love that, Luke.
Post a Comment
<< Home