Let's Hear It for the Girls
Well, last night was interesting. I didn't think any of the girls really stood out in one way or another. It was pretty boring. It's really weird, because I think these girls are really unique and entertaining, but they just didn't do it for me last night.
Also, I'm getting sick of Randy talking about the dog pound. We got another hot one tonight!
Anyway, my rankings are based not only on last night's performances, but on the entire show up to this point.
Here goes:
1. Melissa McGhee - Ok, her voice just does it for me. Nobody on the show has a voice like that. Her outfit was so hot last night, too. I think she seems really comfortable on stage, too, which makes her fun to watch.
2. Ayla Brown - I think Simon was dead-on with his analysis of her. She's a perfectionist. She's the one that all of the other girls hated yet secretly envied in high school. I was talking to one of my co-workers about her this morning and he thinks she's totally screwed because of those comments. I don't think she'll win the whole thing, but I think her voice is great and she's fucking cute as hell.
3. Katharine McPhee - Oh, Miss McPhee. You will go far. I can't wait to see you try to perform a fast song, though, with your oh-so-killer dance moves…Ha ha.
4. The Brenna Gethers - She has one of the weakest voices in the competition, but she's still number 4?! How could that be?!
5. Kellie Pickler - Is it all an act, or is Kellie really that clueless about anything and everything? The judges think it's cute, but I'm starting to get annoyed by her slow-talking, weathered, white-trash ass. However, when she gets on stage, she does bring it. The whole hair-in-the-face thing last night was fine by me.
6. Lisa Tucker - She moved way up on my list after last night. She can really, really sing.
7. Mandisa - The awkward moment of the night: Paula telling Mandisa, "You have the most beautiful face."
8. Paris Bennett - Major points lost for Paris for singing the Hero song. I mean, good song, but not for AI.
9. Kinnik Sky - My first pick to go home on Thursday night: I liked the idea of her doing a Gretchen Wilson song, but not the actual "doing" of it.
10. Heather Cox - My second pick to go home on Thursday night: Seriously, you are on borrowed time, Cox!
Tomorrow morning: The (hopefully more entertaining) Guys.
Well, last night was interesting. I didn't think any of the girls really stood out in one way or another. It was pretty boring. It's really weird, because I think these girls are really unique and entertaining, but they just didn't do it for me last night.
Also, I'm getting sick of Randy talking about the dog pound. We got another hot one tonight!
Anyway, my rankings are based not only on last night's performances, but on the entire show up to this point.
Here goes:
1. Melissa McGhee - Ok, her voice just does it for me. Nobody on the show has a voice like that. Her outfit was so hot last night, too. I think she seems really comfortable on stage, too, which makes her fun to watch.
2. Ayla Brown - I think Simon was dead-on with his analysis of her. She's a perfectionist. She's the one that all of the other girls hated yet secretly envied in high school. I was talking to one of my co-workers about her this morning and he thinks she's totally screwed because of those comments. I don't think she'll win the whole thing, but I think her voice is great and she's fucking cute as hell.
3. Katharine McPhee - Oh, Miss McPhee. You will go far. I can't wait to see you try to perform a fast song, though, with your oh-so-killer dance moves…Ha ha.
4. The Brenna Gethers - She has one of the weakest voices in the competition, but she's still number 4?! How could that be?!
5. Kellie Pickler - Is it all an act, or is Kellie really that clueless about anything and everything? The judges think it's cute, but I'm starting to get annoyed by her slow-talking, weathered, white-trash ass. However, when she gets on stage, she does bring it. The whole hair-in-the-face thing last night was fine by me.
6. Lisa Tucker - She moved way up on my list after last night. She can really, really sing.
7. Mandisa - The awkward moment of the night: Paula telling Mandisa, "You have the most beautiful face."
8. Paris Bennett - Major points lost for Paris for singing the Hero song. I mean, good song, but not for AI.
9. Kinnik Sky - My first pick to go home on Thursday night: I liked the idea of her doing a Gretchen Wilson song, but not the actual "doing" of it.
10. Heather Cox - My second pick to go home on Thursday night: Seriously, you are on borrowed time, Cox!
Tomorrow morning: The (hopefully more entertaining) Guys.

3 Comments:
I was with you with Paula's comment on Mendosa - why did she have to add "face"? Also that Heather thought she was really cool, she has got to go.
I've tried watching Lost, but it bores the hell out of me. Maybe it's because I never saw the first season. I don't know.
Down with Brenna. For some reason, that girl really bothers me! She's exactly like the one girl last season, Makayla? Was that her name?
I voted for Melissa (she rocks), Katharine, and Mandisa.
Post a Comment
<< Home