Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh, hello. I didn't see you there.

It's been way too long since my post. I apologize to all of my fans who have been checking my blog hourly in the hope of finding some fresh words only to find the photo of that old fucking lady with the stupid Game Boy. I'm back.

I'm gonna try to bring you up to date on what's been going on in the exciting world of Luke. And believe me, it's effing exciting.

My dad and my step mom (I've never called her that before…And I don't think I will again. It's kinda making me sick.) bought a new house in Berwyn, Illinois. It's the first time my dad has lived anywhere other than Oak Park since his college days. It's very strange going home to Berwyn. I'm not a fan. However, his house is really nice and I'm happy for him to be out of the cramped town home that he had been living in previously.

It was great to see my sister. Every time I see her I'm amazed at what she's become. In a good way. She's really come a long way, and I love her more than ever.

So, yeah, Thanksgiving was fine. Dinner. Wine. Whatever. Pretty typical shit.

I actually went home that night and watched movies until I fell asleep, and it was kinda wonderful. There is something about holidays and spending time with family that makes you just wanna go home and crash, don't you think?

Moving on.

I spent a whole lot of quality time at The Other Side Bar over the weekend. Yeah, it's this bar that I go to now and again. Not too often. You know. Now and again. I would go into more detail on this, but we all how that goes. Kinda blurry? I did hang out with a new friend, and she helped to turn my Sunday into less of a Sunday, which was definitely welcome.

And now, the I-N-G's:

- Reading: Stephen King's The Stand again and kinda falling asleep at the end of it. It was way better the first
time.
- Drinking: The last of the Sierra Nevada Brown Ale from the weekend. Or should I say Big Brown Bear Ale?
- Playing: Gears of War on the Xbox 360. Yep, I retired from Table Tennis.
- Listening: To Bjork, actually. Kinda weird, but I like her and I have my reasons.
- Watching: Band of Brothers on HBO again. Good shit.
- Anticipating: Rocky Balboa on Christmas Day. It should be the best movie of the decade. :)





2 Comments:

Blogger JMG said...

Bigbrownbear79

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love it. thanks. and i acutually like bjork too if i'm in the right mood. i love that we're in the same place at the same time...again!!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home