Rock Star
If I had known I wouldn't have left Chicago, that
Dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin, too much for a
Motherless boy like me and
My struggle has only just begun, so
Let me lay my head in your arms once more before
I leave this sea of neon and flashing lights and
Though you don't want to be
I would rescue you and
I would fall apart for you and
I know the jokes on me but
I'm drowning in your eyes and
I'm just another boy in the
Rock show of your life but
I'm drowning in your smile and
I don't know if you will remember me tomorrow but
I would stay another day if you would ask and
I know you don't know better but
Don't look at me like that because
I fall faster than most and I've already jumped so
Don't look at me like that because you'll fall
Asleep tomorrow buried in the chest of someone else and
I'll fall asleep to the taste of your lips and
I need to wake myself up again, to
Slap myself awake again and
This skyline will help me, this black, this blue,
This silver landscape of mine but
I don't want to just yet because the sound of your
Laugh is lulling me to sleep and
I'm still buried in your dark curls
So you be my taxi driver and I'll be your passenger and
Let's go for one more ride because
My struggle has only just begun
If I had known I wouldn't have left Chicago, that
Dark hair, dark eyes, dark skin, too much for a
Motherless boy like me and
My struggle has only just begun, so
Let me lay my head in your arms once more before
I leave this sea of neon and flashing lights and
Though you don't want to be
I would rescue you and
I would fall apart for you and
I know the jokes on me but
I'm drowning in your eyes and
I'm just another boy in the
Rock show of your life but
I'm drowning in your smile and
I don't know if you will remember me tomorrow but
I would stay another day if you would ask and
I know you don't know better but
Don't look at me like that because
I fall faster than most and I've already jumped so
Don't look at me like that because you'll fall
Asleep tomorrow buried in the chest of someone else and
I'll fall asleep to the taste of your lips and
I need to wake myself up again, to
Slap myself awake again and
This skyline will help me, this black, this blue,
This silver landscape of mine but
I don't want to just yet because the sound of your
Laugh is lulling me to sleep and
I'm still buried in your dark curls
So you be my taxi driver and I'll be your passenger and
Let's go for one more ride because
My struggle has only just begun

1 Comments:
Oh Luke, the first day back at work in a week and you're blogging instead of working. :) This is beautiful, although I'm dying to show Christine...
Post a Comment
<< Home