Tuesday, March 01, 2005

We all wanna be big stars...

Regarding my previous entry, I have slept on it and here are my thoughts:

I feel OK about it for two reasons. (1) The Crows have replaced a band member before and Jim Bogios (who replaced Ben Mize) has turned out to be an amazing drummer who (at least from a fan's perspective) seamlessly fits in with the band. (2) I believe that the band expected this departure for a long while. Matt was always uncomfortable on stage, his political views starkly contrasted the remainder of the group, and he was often poked fun at by the other members of the band for being so short and shy (even if it was out of love, it must have irked him after a while). That said, this announcement by Matt shouldn't come as a surprise to the remaining members of the band and shouldn't cause them to worry about the band's future. I predict that they will land a new bass player within a few weeks and move on with their record.

However, I will miss Matt's guitar on their new records and on stage. He was the architect of my personal favorite bass line of all time for "Mr. Jones" (the reason I turn the treble down and the bass up on my car stereo every time I hear that song) and for that he is honored in my book.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home