Monday, January 10, 2005

bring a girl

I just returned from the mountains of Colorado, where I enjoyed (for the most part) four days of snowboarding, drinking, hot tubbing, and playing cards.

The highlights:

- Getting pretty damn good at snowboarding (I feel comfortable riding down any run now, although it might not be pretty)
- The mountains (and the overall nature) - I actually went on a hike by myself in Vail when I was tired on the first day, and I fell in love with mountain streams and saw beautiful birds that I had never seen before (I have to bust out my field guide to identify them).
- Drinking with the guys (which I probably don't do enough of)
- Playing poker until sunrise (I now know why some people dedicate their lives to this game)
- Jacuzzis (THE best thing ever after a day of snowboarding)
- Meeting girls from Hawaii (OK, they were really young, but still - They were Hawaiian (mildly embarrassing, perhaps)!

The lowlights:

- Falling (I actually cracked (or bruised) a rib on my last day of riding. Sucks.)
- Being away from home (I love my city too much)
- Missing people
- The nightlife in CO (It's pretty dead)
- Not having a cute girl sit next to me on either flight (I ask you every time, God, but NOTHING!)
- Being ridiculously sore the entire weekend (Do I see a gym in my future? Let's be honest, probably not.)
- Not having fucking reception for the majority of the weekend (Damn you, mountains! I love you but I hate you.)
- Realizing how different I am from many guys
- Facing the harsh reality of tax season (Shit)

All in all, I would go again. I'm addicted to snowboarding and I love the landscape. However, I wouldn't have six guys stay in one hotel room and I would probably want to bring a girl. But that's just me.

4 Comments:

Blogger joolz said...

I love hearing about mountains. Next year, Whistler at my family's cabin. Colorado's beauty will pale in comparison.

I may be a touch biased, but it really is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. There's nothing like the mountains to inspire great things.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got hooked on the board in the Army. I'd probably fall on my ass now, but I am ready to try it out.

I am jealous of your vacation bro, it sounded like a good time.

Still waiting on the Vegas trip, I'm only four hours away.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so with you on the airplane thing. Once, I did get on a plane full of a college baseball team. H-e-a-v-e-n.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

These made me laugh-I'm glad you had fun. One time I actually had someone cute on the plane and we played cards all the way to Colorado (not quite as exciting as it could have been but it was fun)

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home