Monday, August 23, 2004

"Something just brushed across my leg..."

There is this movie in the theaters right now called Open Water. I went to see it on Saturday night. If you are easily disturbed or frightened by movies after you have left the theater, I would recommend that you don't go see Open Water.

In my opinion, it's not a fantastic movie. I wouldn't go see it again. However, I would recommend seeing it once. It's one of the most intense movies I have ever seen. I had that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach for most of the movie, and I would suspect that most of the others in the theater did, as well. Any movie that can evoke such emotions from its audience is definitely an achievement in my book.

Go see it. You will watch as these two people literally lose their minds as each hour goes by where they are stuck in the middle of nowhere, not knowing what is beneath them.

That's always been one of my biggest fears. Not knowing what is beneath me in the ocean or even in a lake.

It's almost as if the director is playing some sort of joke on the viewers by subjecting them to it all. Only, at the end, no one is really laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home