If I see one more rattled soul;
All hopped up on shots and testosterone.
Maybe I'll shoot for you but I won't shoot myself.
My eyes are sealed shut by alcohol and flashing lights. I hear the sirens, but I don't see them.
Don't step into the light just yet. I want to see your soul for just a second more.
Gypsy…
Those mountains of sand caressed by the sun don't seem so high.
That music radiating from your radio doesn't seem so loud.
That soft voice singing. That bass guitar gently strumming.
It doesn't seem so loud.
You never shared your story when the room was occupied.
I never share mine.
Those coins on the nightstand. I never noticed them.
You said I was your interest, so you craved more of me. More of the inside.
Simple and modern.
Two words to describe me, but you were supposed to give me three.
If we could wake up tomorrow, that sliver of sunshine would not paint the wall again.
That purple and red sliver. It would not paint the wall again.
I'm not simple. I'm not modern.
I could give you hundreds.
You couldn't give me three.
All hopped up on shots and testosterone.
Maybe I'll shoot for you but I won't shoot myself.
My eyes are sealed shut by alcohol and flashing lights. I hear the sirens, but I don't see them.
Don't step into the light just yet. I want to see your soul for just a second more.
Gypsy…
Those mountains of sand caressed by the sun don't seem so high.
That music radiating from your radio doesn't seem so loud.
That soft voice singing. That bass guitar gently strumming.
It doesn't seem so loud.
You never shared your story when the room was occupied.
I never share mine.
Those coins on the nightstand. I never noticed them.
You said I was your interest, so you craved more of me. More of the inside.
Simple and modern.
Two words to describe me, but you were supposed to give me three.
If we could wake up tomorrow, that sliver of sunshine would not paint the wall again.
That purple and red sliver. It would not paint the wall again.
I'm not simple. I'm not modern.
I could give you hundreds.
You couldn't give me three.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home