I see you through a camera lens
In black and white
Walking in Chelsea or Uptown
Or the Bronx
With worn jeans and a thrift store
Coat and no makeup
In still shots you blink
And glance to your right to
Watch a passing car
And I second guess again and pray that
Though I may be your one time
You won't be my all the time
For much longer
In black and white
Walking in Chelsea or Uptown
Or the Bronx
With worn jeans and a thrift store
Coat and no makeup
In still shots you blink
And glance to your right to
Watch a passing car
And I second guess again and pray that
Though I may be your one time
You won't be my all the time
For much longer

2 Comments:
I'm glad you wrote again. The poem is beautiful.
Thanks, Julia.
Post a Comment
<< Home